Audi Aesthetics is committed to making sure you have the care you need. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff will provide quality assistance throughout your procedure. You will receive specific instructions regarding pre- and post-operative care, and a general guideline is below.
Selecting a Doctor
- Research and verify you are choosing an experienced and qualified plastic surgeon. Check their credentials and hospital affiliations, and make sure he or she is accredited.
- Ask around. Referrals from people you know can be one of the best leads to obtaining an excellent specialist.
- Meet with the prospective doctor. You should feel comfortable discussing your expectations and goals, and be able to ask any questions regarding your surgery.
- Ask for references and verify them.
- Look at the prospective doctor’s before & after surgical results for the specific procedure in which are you interested. Remember that computer simulations are not reality.
Communication and Expectations
- Know your goals and clearly communicate what you want.
- Understand and have realistic expectations of your surgery.
- At all times, openly express anything that may be bothering you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Be honest with your doctor.
- Your doctor should explain long-term results, complications, and potential risks and side effects associated with your surgery.
- Consultation involves 2 parties. Ask, listen, trust, and follow your intuition. It is better to ask twice than to assume. If you are still unsure, you can obtain a second opinion so you feel more confident.
- Choosing your doctor is more important than the operating facilities. Be comfortable with and feel confident in your doctor’s abilities.
- Ask who will be administering your anesthesia.
- Be patient. Quality cannot be rushed.
- Determine the best time of year for your surgery. Plan vacation and work accordingly. Factor in recovery time for swelling, bruising, etc.
- Make sure this is a surgery that you really want. You should only be having procedures done for yourself, and not for others.
- All pre-operative and post-operative care instructions should be followed for safety and for best results.